Program Coordinator Position
Program: Boys to Men at the Beth
Supervisor: Director of Strategic Operations
Basic Work Schedule: This a part time role. The hire will have a flexible schedule totaling 10 hours per week of work between the hours of 5pm - 8pm, Monday through Friday.
Occasional Saturdays may be required, and for the fall and spring break camps the coordinator will need to work Monday through Wednesday from o9am until 3pm. This occurs twice per year, and an additional stipend for hours worked during the camp will be provided.
Compensation: $15 an hour, paid bi-weekly
The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to recruit and manage volunteers and to execute the initiatives (activities) of Boys To Men @ The Beth.
The initial two metrics to be used to gauge success in this role are:
Recruiting a team of at least six mentors committed to volunteering a total of 5 hours per month to be split up between 1-2 programs between the hours of 5 PM and 8 PM Monday - Friday.
Execute Boys to Men @ The Beth activities 1-2 times per month as directed by supervisor, between the hours of 5 PM and 8 PM Monday - Friday.
The initiatives of Boys To Men include:
BTM on the Break (seasonal off-site day camps Monday-Wednesday, 2-3 times per year)
100 9th Project (getting 100 ninth graders through high school using customized plans with mentoring)
Doing Good in the Neighborhood (service projects)
Partnering with Parents (parental skills training)
Healthy Habits (health & fitness)
We are looking to re-start programming with a Healthy Habits initiative twice a month on Friday evenings between 5 PM and 8 PM. This Healthy Habits initiative, called Basketball and The Bible, will include the students being fed, being led in a devotional, and then playing basketball in the Beth gym.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
● Successfully recruit and manage engaged volunteers
● Execute Boys to Men program activities that promote spiritual, educational, and leadership development
● Coordinate the creation, planning and maintaining of a safe and healthy learning environment
● Utilize positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of students
● Maintain accurate and up to date student, volunteer, and program records, including receipts for any purchases
● Document the students progress throughout the program
● Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so employed.
● Positive attitude, team player, ability to be coached
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Ability to work with children and families from diverse backgrounds
● Experience working in a classroom setting, camp, after-school program, or other environment with multi-age groups of children
● Strong classroom management skills
The Bethlehem Center mission: We are God’s people, called to a Christian ministry of promoting, restoring and sustaining wholeness in individuals and families through service, leadership, advocacy, and empowerment in south Chattanooga, inner city Chattanooga, and the greater Chattanooga area.
Boys To Men @ The Beth program mission: Engage families and the community in the positive development of young men towards high school graduation and crafting a post-secondary plan for success.
Please submit resumes to: [email protected]