Morning Manna Counselor
Bethlehem Center Mission: We are God’s people, empowering inner-city youth and families to lead responsible lives through discipleship, education and leadership development.
Position Description: create a safe, enriching, and engaging environment where youth can wait for the bus in the morning and implement program grant requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Oversee the daily operations of the Morning Manna program, including:
- Collaborate with other departments to plan and execute Morning Manna
- Supervise students who attend until their transportation to school arrives
- Plan and execute a Biblical message of some kind based on the current program theme
- Implement engaging program activities for both girls and boys
- Create and administer surveys and compile results
- Offer feedback in order to improve Morning Manna and better serve its students
- Report expected cases of abuse or any harm to appropriate staff, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, & QUALIFICATIONS
- Recognizes the importance of relationships and communication in the practice of quality child and youth care, and implements guidance techniques and strategies to support children and youth individually and in group experiences to develop self-regulation, self-concept, coping mechanisms, and positive interactions with their peers and adults
- Acts in partnership with children and youth to foster appropriate child and youth leadership and voice
- Actively promotes respect for cultural diversity and creates an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment that embraces diversity.
- Demonstrate character, core values and personal lifestyle compatible with a Christ-centered ministry and be willing to embrace the mission and vision of the Bethlehem Center
- Strong computer skills (Google, MS Office, Canva, Social Media, etc.)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team work
- Education, work, and/or volunteer experience in Early Childhood Education, Marketing, Communication, and/or Fundraising
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:15 - 8:15 AM
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]