Under the supervision of the Executive Director this position is responsible for implementation of education services for children within the classroom. These services contribute to the increased social and academic, spiritual and social competence in children and the recognition and enhancement of parents as the primary educators of their children.
Hours: Monday through Thursday after school
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide educational environment where student feel loved and safe after school.
- Implement the Read to lead program curriculum as planned by Educational Director to ensure a quality experience for all students.
- Work with program personnel to implement engaging, developmentally appropriate educational enrichment curriculum and programming which expands and supports student learning experiences beyond the classroom.
- Assist the program director in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Enjoy being with students and foster their spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the duties outlined above.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a year or more of non-profit or related youth development program experience. The individual will have a familiarity with and passion for working with low-income youth.
- Bachelors in related field / Teaching Certification
- Experience with teaching between the ages of 1st - 8th Grade
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with children and families from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working in a classroom setting, camp, after-school program, or other environment with multi-age groups of children
- Strong classroom management skills
- Experience working with children and urban communities
- Pass background check and a valid driver's license
We are eager to interview interested candidates. Please send your resume and cover sheet via email to [email protected]